Sunday, June 26, 2011

Before & After







OY! That took me alot longer than I would have liked to. DISCLAIMER: I have just downloaded a program called Picasa/Picnik to edit photos and I suck at it! Be patient with me...they will get prettier : )


So this is a before and after post. I bought this dress for $10 at a thrift store in Minneapolis. Midwest thrifting is amazing by the way. The Good Wills and Salvation Army's aren't picked over like they are here. I got tons of great stuff while I was in the mid west!

I really loved the stripes and colors of this dress and thought I could do something with it. A few months ago hemmed the bottom and sleeves...still wasn't enough for me. So today I decided to play with the neck line and wallah! One of my favorite dresses.

STEP 1: Measure shoulders and neck dip. I took each shoulder in about an a inch and a half and dipped he neck about 4 inches.
STEP 2: After I made marks I connected them with erasable marker. The marks that are left over will wash away.
STEP 3: Do the same to the back. I dropped the back about 7 inches because Im in a low back phase.
STEP 4: Cut over wear I traced. It's important to use fabric scissors and ONLY to use these scissors on fabric. They dull super fast if used on anything else.
STEP 5: I am currently obsessing over Bias Tape. Instead of folding the hem your self and dealing with tapering etc. Bias tape basically does it for you a neater. If you want more info on this just email me.
STEP 6: Sew it right on there!

All in all this only took about an hour. It was done inbetween visiting Charley(Sam's adorable baby) and family dinner. Ahhh Sundays....

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job, the back looks great, love the way you fitted it, about picnik is super easy to use, pretty sure will be very helpful!

    Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

    ReplyDelete