Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Word From the Wise?

After I drove around Old Violet(blog entry coming soon)in the rain...I was in a bum mood. Violet usually gets me out of that bad mood by making me laugh or telling me how she cant believe how fat people are getting these days or how ugly the clothing next to the Alfred Dunner section is, but not today. I have been crocheting myself into a frenzy which is a good thing but it makes me think too much. I ran to Erin's in search of a pick me up and that I got. I was cheered up almost immediately by her wonderful mom serving us pasta and cake(at noon). We sat there eating out pasta and cake bitch laughing(a combination of bitching and laughing),discussing jobs and wondering when we are going to move out of our parent's homes like any normal respectable twenty something year old. Erin then pulled out a blurb from the Amy Pohler recommended book she was reading. Later I read this blurb to Ashley Peter and it cheered her up equally. I thought it might make some of you smile as well.

"Anything that could go wrong did-flights were canceled or over booked, connections missed, her reserved room at the hotel given to someone else. She kept trying to be a good sport, but finally, two mornings later, on the train to her conference on healing, she began to whine at the man sitting beside her about how infuriating her journey had been thus far.
It turned out that this man worked for the Dalai Lama. And he said-gently-that they believe when alot of things start going wrong all at once, it is to protect something big and lovely that is trying to get itself born-and that this something needs for you to be distracted so that it can be born as perfectly as possible."

Thanks Erin, Amy Pohler, the author of this book whose name I forget, and the Dalai Lama's worker, and the Dalai Lama himself. This is a picture I really like of Erin and I.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is a link to the book info.

    http://www.oprah.com/omagazine/Books-That-Made-a-Difference-to-Amy-Poehler/3

    ReplyDelete